Tuesday, December 30, 2008

javascript learning curve

I've been working my way through the javascript lessons in javascript mall. Things were pretty easy until lesson 10. Lesson 10 showed a script that makes a calendar. I entered this on my own and found out that the javascript interpreter is pretty silent about mistakes. I worked my way through putting a calendar together. My goal was to construct one that looked more or less like the one that they showed in the example but by writing the code on my own. I used their code only for occasional html reference.

The process went slowly. I wanted to not only get through the lesson but to develop techniques that would speed the development process. After a while I looked for tools online. The most helpful was firebug. I also tried jslint but I must not be using it right; I didn't get any useful information from it.

here's the finished product

No comments: